Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year’s Prediction #4: Retail, the Hottest Sector of 2012

If youve been following my recommendations for a year or more, you'll know
all too well that the experts on Wall Street were warning everyone about the
troubled retail sector and proclaimed the American consumer was dead. But I
chose to ignore their ramblings and made outstanding profits on the very sector
they lambasted. Just take a look at the year-to-date returns of these retail-
and consumer-based companies: Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) +25% AutoZone (NYSE: AZO )
+20% Limited Brands (NYSE: LTD ) +32% McDonald's (NYSE: MCD ) +31% OReilly
Automotive (NASDAQ: ORLY ) +33% These are just a few of the retail investments I
have in my blue-chip portfolio. In 2012, it would behoove you to secure these in
your portfolio as well, because although these 12-month gains came in the face
of extreme market pessimism, were now seeing the biggest surge in consumer
confidence in eight years. This includes strong consumer spending ( including
robust holiday sales ) and, as I previously discussed in my New Years Prediction
#2 , steadily improving job growth. So, in the coming months, Im going to
continue looking for opportunities to capitalize on this powerful trend. In
fact, I recommend buying stock in VF Corp. (NYSE: VFC ), the apparel and
footwear powerhouse behind a number of blowout brands such as The North Face,
Wrangler, Reef and Nautica, to name a few. I've enjoyed some remarkable
returns in select consumer-based companies, and I believe the best is yet to
come in 2012. Prediction #5: Where the Indexes and Our Stocks Are Headed

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...